Gap Group Plant and Tool Hire
With 60 Plant and Tool depots, 20 specialist Lifting depots and 6 Non-Mechanical plant depots, GAP Group Ltd is the UK’s No.1 independent plant, tool and specialist equipment hirer to all sectors of the construction industry.
Our customers expect the best plant from the best premises, controlled by the best people in the hire industry.
Due to expansion we now have a new role for an Events Division Manager to set up, develop and manage a dedicated and shared GAP Event Hire business in locations across the UK. Reporting to the main board director the role holder will manage the performance of this specialist division ensuring achievement of revenue and profit targets and cost control for each location.
PROFITABILITY: ensure the Division meets annual budgeted profit.
- Monthly KPI meetings with relevant Event Hire personnel
- Effective control of costs and ensure margins are maintained across the P&L.
- Achieve budgeted revenue in all areas.
- Produce detailed action plans and solutions to counteract any potential issues.
- Produce annual budgets in conjunction with relevant Event Hire personnel
SALES: ensure the division meets annual sales budget.
- Maintain close “high level” contact with key Local, Regional and Major Account customers within each area.
- Lead, direct and monitor the Event Hire sales team.
- Ensure consistent high quality customer satisfaction.
- Consistent delivery of the company sales strategy both internally and externally.
- Work closely with Major and Regional Accounts teams to grow revenue.
- Promote the “can-do” team culture, (everyone plays a part in sales).
PEOPLE: recruit, lead, develop and protect the staff within your Division
- Identify and recruit staff for each new Event location in conjunction with the Recruitment Team
- Effective management of Event personnel
- Promote teamwork and co-operation across the Division and Group.
- Inspire and deliver a “Can Do” attitude from the Event Division team.
- Manage the Human Resource function within the Division, in conjunction with HR.
- Resolve performance issues directly in consultation with HR.
- Monitor and promote all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Carry out annual appraisals or job chats with all Event Division employees.
- Manage the annual salary review under direction from HR and a Main Board Director.
- Treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Identify where training is required and work with HR to implement.
- Organise regular Event Division meetings and produce short minutes.
Please send your CV, outlining your current salary and benefits package to:
Recruitment Advisor, GAP Group Ltd, Carrick House, 40 Carrick Street, Glasgow, G2 8DA
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, call 0141 225 4629 for an application form.
GAP GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER